Martin Prokop comments: “Also today it was very good for us. I am excited about the result and without any doubt I can call it my best performance in my two WRC seasons so far. Not the 7th place itself, but how I drove and how small is the gap in terms of sec per km behind the best works drivers. Immediately after the Rally France we knew how should the set-up of the car look like and how I should improve my driving style. This all proved very well here in Spain. We must show some similar result also in Wales to be sure we are on the right track and this was not just an exception. But I know this was another step forward for me and my team, we are progressing in small steps and it is hard work to close the gap on the very best drivers of the world as a private team. Now we have to make some changes in pacenotes, there is still something to improve.
Today the action started early morning and the low sun combined with heavy clouds of dust made the conditions very very bad. We had to stop several times and find out where the road goes. Crazy and dangerous situations, that every crew was experiencing. Some big moments we had also at the second half of the very last special stages when our brakes had gone and tyres stopped working. We had to control our position in the race with this handicap but still made a good time on that stage. This makes me really happy. I would like to thank to the whole team for good work, our partners, sponsors and fans for support. We are looking forward to the Wales Rally GB now!”
Final results of the Rally RACC Catalunya 2013
1. Ogier S. - Ingrassia J. (Volkswagen Polo R WRC)
2. Latvala J. - Anttila M. (Volkswagen Polo R WRC) +32,9
3. Hirvonen M. - Lehtinen J. (Citroën DS3 WRC) +1:13,7
4. Neuville T. - Gilsoul N. (Ford Fiesta RS WRC) +1:33,9
5. Novikov E. - Minor-Petrasko I. (Ford Fiesta RS WRC) +2:01,0
6. Østberg M. - Andersson J. (Ford Fiesta RS WRC) +2:26,0
7. Prokop M. - Ernst M. (Ford Fiesta RS WRC) +4:55,8
8. Paddon H. - Kennard J. (Ford Fiesta RS WRC) +6:55,7
9. Kubica R. - Baran M. (Citroën DS3 RRC) +11:04,1
10. Al-Kuwari A. - Duffy K. (Ford Fiesta RS WRC) +13:26,8
Before the last event of the season – Wales Rally GB – Martin is 9th overall in the World Rally Championship Drivers standings and the same position belongs to Michal in Co-drivers chart. Jipocar Czech National Team is 6th in Teams standings.
Please check Facebook profile “Martin Prokop Official” for the latest news.