Martin Prokop, driver of Jipocar Czech National Team, has entered the Rally Argentina 2013 with 11th best time on the opening short special stage. During following three days he will climb up the leader board to come close to his result from Argentina 2012 when he finished 4th overall what meant the best ever result of Czech rally driver in World Championship race.
“My feeling with the car wasn´t perfect today and I´ve made some small mistakes. For tomorrow we will make some set-up changes and I believe that everything will be OK, at least for the afternoon section. I like those Thursday stages and I have been enjoying them a lot last year,” comments Prokop.
Team manager Quirin Müller tells us more about important technical issue for Rally Argentina as tyre supplier has been changed: “We have a good relationship with DMACK, and have been working with them on the development of the tyres, but we expected the performance would be better sooner. Our sponsors are keen to see us doing better - and soon - so we felt it was the right decision to make. We switched to Michelin without any test or set-up changes what was quite difficult for Martin at the first moments but I am pretty sure that during the upcoming three days he will climb significantly up the leader board.”
Rally Argentina 2013 after SS1
1. Ogier S. - Ingrassia J. (Volkswagen Polo R WRC)
2. Sordo D. - Del Barrio C. (Citroën DS3 WRC) +1,9
3. Loeb S. - Elena D. (Citroën DS3 WRC) +2,2
4. Latvala J. - Antiila M. (Volkswagen Polo R WRC) +3,8
5. Mikkelsen A. - Markkula M. (Volkswagen Polo R WRC) +3,9
6. Hirvonen M. - Lehtinen j. (Citroën DS3 WRC) +4,2
7. Østberg M. - Andersson J. (Ford Fiesta RS WRC) +5,3
8. Neuville T. - Gilsoul N. (Ford Fiesta RS WRC) +6,0
9. Novikov E. - Minor-Petrasko I. (Ford Fiesta RS WRC) +7,5
10. Kosciuszko M. - Szczepaniak M. (Mini cooper WRC) +13,4
11. Prokop M. - Ernst M. (Ford Fiesta RS WRC) +14,6
For actual information please check our Facebook profile „Martin Prokop Official“ and Twitter @ProkopOfficial